So, how much is a million YouTube views worth? Well, first of all, it’s important to say that views don’t equal money on their own. In fact, a view doesn’t pay you anything.
The main way people who make videos for YouTube make money is by putting ads on them.
In order to figure out how much money someone who makes a video with 1 billion views on YouTube makes, there are a few things to consider.
For YouTube Partner Program members making videos, the average income per 1000 views is $0.24 to $4.
Based on 1 billion YouTube views, a good content creator could theoretically make anywhere from $240,000 to $5 million.
“Gangnam Style” by Psy was the first video, for better or worse, to get 1 billion views on YouTube in 2012. At the time, Justin Bieber’s “Baby” was the most watched video, but the viral hit beat it.
The hit song is said to have made Psy somewhere around $8 million. Does that sound good?
How Much Money Is 1 Billion Views On Youtube? 2022
YOUTUBE’S MOST VIEWED VIDEOS OF ALL TIME
The first YouTube video ever to get more than 10 billion views was a song about a cute baby shark. You’re right. Exactly.
“Baby Shark Dance” was posted online in 2016, and it became a hit very quickly. Even after a few years, it still has some of the most views ever on YouTube.
When “Baby Shark Dance” became very popular, it was the start of a big boom in children’s shows on YouTube.
Even though children’s songs have become popular on YouTube, Music is by far the most popular thing to watch. The most watched videos on YouTube are almost all music videos.
Adele’s “Hello” made music news quickly when it was the first YouTube video to get a billion views. But “Despacito” by Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee has had more views than it since a long time.
Ed Sheeran’s “Shape of You,” Taylor Swift’s “Shake It Off,” Wiz Khalifa and Charlie Puth’s “See You Again,” and Katy Perry’s “Roar” are also popular songs with 3 billion views.
SO, HOW MUCH DID THEY EARN?
It’s almost impossible to figure out how much money a YouTube video makes. There are different ways for a content creator to make money on YouTube.
Also, the amount that each creator makes depends on things like the time of year, where they come from, etc.
If we go back to our old estimate of $0.25 to $4 per 1,000 views, a video with 3 billion views should have made between $750,000 and $12 million.
YouTube revenue is likely somewhere in the middle when it comes to actual amounts.
Ad revenue has decreased since Psy became famous with “Gangnam Style”. Record labels upload tracks to YouTube via their channels, not by individual creators.
Because of this, the money made is put into several different pots. At the end of the day, the actual artist is likely to make much less money from YouTube.
4 WAYS TO MAKE MONEY ON YOUTUBE
How much money is a billion YouTube views worth? Nothing. Now that we know that, let’s talk about where YouTube’s money comes from.
Applying to become a YouTube partner is the first step to becoming a YouTube star. When a creator is part of the partnership program, their channels are checked regularly to make sure they follow all of YouTube’s rules and policies.
Making money off of your YouTube videos requires being 18 years old or having a parent or guardian who can handle the payments on your behalf. What are the ways in which videos make money?
- Advertising. The main way people make money on YouTube is by making money from ads. You must adhere to YouTube’s “advertising-friendly” rules for your AdSense account to be linked to your YouTube channel.
- Channel Membership. You can offer a channel membership once you have at least a thousand subscribers. By paying a small fee each month, subscribers can get access to content that is only available to members and other perks.
- Super Chat and Super Stickers. This feature is only available in certain countries or regions. But if you can, doing live chats can give you a small boost to your income. Fans can talk to you directly, and they can pay to have their conversations stand out on the live feed.
- Merchandise- If you have more than 10,000 subscribers, YouTube’s “merch shelf” will be open to you. With this feature, you can show your viewers official branded merchandise.
- YouTube Premium. Become a YouTube partner and you’ll earn a portion of premium users’ payments if you create and share content that they watch.
A YouTube money calculator is one way to figure out how much money you can expect to make from one of your videos.
HOW TO INCREASE YOUR YOUTUBE PROFITS?
In 2021, MrBeast, also known as Jimmy Donaldson, was the richest YouTube star, according to Statista.
Even though his videos get around 10 million views in a week, MrBeast doesn’t make all of his money from ads.
Between ads, sponsored content, and brand deals, the person who made the content made more than $54 million in 2021.
Sponsorships and brand deals basically mean that you work with brands that want to reach your target audience.
Among other things, Ryan Kaji makes money from YouTube affiliate marketing.
Affiliate marketing is a simple way to start making money on YouTube, even if your channel is still new.
All you have to do is promote certain products and put affiliate links on your site so that people can click on them.
If someone clicks on one of your affiliate links and buys something, you get a cut.
HOW TO EARN MORE IN AD REVENUE
Most creators find that AdSense is the easiest way to start making money with their videos. Unfortunately, it’s also the hardest to figure out how much money you could make.
Google AdSense doesn’t pay the same amount every time. How much you make depends on a lot of different things.
- Demographics of viewership. How much you make with AdSense depends a lot on who watches your videos and from where. Advertisers want to market to specific groups of people to get the most out of their money. Because of this, videos in English tend to do better. How old your viewers are, where they live, and other factors all affect which ads are best for your videos. This, in turn, affects how much money you’ll make per view.
- Niche. Some niches are better for advertising and also draw a certain type of person. Your YouTube channel’s niche as a whole will be looked at. But each video will be looked at on its own, and the amount you make will change depending on the video.
- Viewer engagement. Cost-per-mile is a measure that advertisers use to decide how much to pay (CPM). This is the same as “cost per thousand views.” Because of this, having more views and more subscribers can often lead to more money from ads.
- Source of traffic. People don’t usually think about this, but AdSense will also keep track of where your traffic is coming from. People who find your video on YouTube or through a Google search will pay you more CPM than people who find it through social media.
- Which is the Most like comment on YouTube ?
- Ways To Unblock Youtube
- How to Play YouTube Videos in the Background on Your Phone for Free?
How much is a billion YouTube views really worth? It depends on the video’s CPM and how you’ve chosen to make money off of it. For example, if you run ads and a merch shelf, you’ll probably make more money than if you just ran ads.
Views are an important factor that affects how much money you could make from ads. But if you want to make the most money, you should work on getting more subscribers and using other ways to make money in your video.